The Christmas City Ceremony[No entrance fee]
[VENUE]Yamaguchi Xavier Memorial Church
- Christmas City Declaration
- Church Bells
- Gregorian Chant by the choir (sung at Mass in Yamaguchi, where Christmas was first celebrated in Japan about 500 years ago.)
- Pipe Organ Performance Megumi Teraoka
- Story of Christmas by Yamaguchi Catholic Church
- Song of Dedication
- Sing "Kizuna" together
The Voices of Japan（VOJA）
Dynamite Shakariki Circus
Tomohiko Nakai,Tsukasa Nagahama
Yamaguchi KOTANSAI Festival[No entrance fee]
[VENUE]Yamaguchi Xavier Memorial Church (front yard)
The festival will be held until 9:00 p.m. after the ceremony.
- Scene 1 ENCOUNTER
- Xavier visited Yamaguchi and was granted several audiences with Ouchi, who was regarded as the best feudal lord in the west. This encounter was the beginning of the miracle of Christmas in Japan.
- Scene 2 GIFTS
- On his second audience, Xavier presented thirteen fine gifts such as a mechanical clock, a fabric, a beautiful crystal glass, a mirror, glasses, along with letters from the first Bishop and the Viceroy of India.
- Scene 3 PROSPERITY
- Ouchi graciously allowed Xavier to conduct missionary work in Yamaguchi, where Japan's first Nativity was celebrated the following year. Their meeting brought about a fusion of Japanese and Western cultures and opened up a new chapter in the opulent Ouchi culture. The people of Yamaguchi always loved the Yamaguchi Xavier Memorial Cathedral as a symbol of the city's history and culture.
- Scene 4 BOND
- In 1991, the Yamaguchi Xavier Memorial Cathedral was destroyed by fire. However, the bonds between the people who loved the cathedral changed the disappointment into a passion for its reconstruction.
- Scene 5 MIRACLE
- This passion united the hearts of those who loved the city and made a miracle happen.On April 29, 1998, the Yamaguchi Xavier Memorial Cathedral was rebuilt.
- Night View Critic Marumaru Motoo